Our 2 year fixed rate mortgages are perfect for those people that want to have their monthly expenses planned out in advance during the next couple of years. We also offer the flexibility of overpaying your mortgage up to and including 50% of your mortgage product without incurring an early repayment charge.
We offer a wide range of different 2 year fixed rate mortgages at different interest rates and repayment periods. All of our mortgage products with a fixed term have a specific end date. This can may mean that your mortgage product could be slightly shorter or longer than the headline term, for example 23 months or 25 months. We’ll make sure you are clear on the actual term as part of the application process.
We also offer mortgages to the following:
- Those wishing to build their own home
- Borrowers who are looking to buy a shared ownership property
- Our existing mortgage borrowers who are looking to obtain additional borrowing or at the end of their existing mortgage deal
Why choose a 2 year fixed mortgage?
As with any fixed term mortgage, there are a number of different benefits to obtaining a 2 year mortgage:
- Your mortgage rate will be completely fixed for the 2 year term (subject to the mortgage product end date)
- It will be unaffected by any variations in the market. During the fixed period, your mortgage payments won’t increase by a penny.
- Your mortgage will usually be a major monthly expense. Knowing exactly how much it will be will allow you to plan your finances with more accuracy and assurance.
Why choose us for your 2 year fixed rate mortgage?
We believe that we’re one of the best mortgage providers in the UK. Here’s why:
- We know our stuff. We’ve got over 160 years of experience in providing mortgages to people in the East of England. Whatever your situation, we’ll have dealt with something similar before and as a result we’ll advise what the best options are for you. Which leads us onto the fact that…
- We’re on your side. We’re an independent mutual organisation, meaning that all of our decisions are taken in the best interest of our members, not a group of shareholders.
- We’re a reliable organisation. We make sensible lending decisions, making the right balance between ensuring our borrowers mortgage payments are affordable whilst offering enough flexibility to meet the needs of those with more unusual circumstances. A mortgage is a long term deal, and you deserve stability. The sort of stability that we can provide.
If you’re interested in taking out a 2 year fixed rate mortgage, then give Ipswich Building Society a call today on 0330 123 0773.