0330 123 0723

Ipswich Building Society member event highlights
Posted: 12th Sep 2018

As the nights draw closer and memories of summer fade, we have a unique and exciting range of events in store to help you beat those autumn blues – exclusively available for our members. So whether it’s a chocolate factory in the heart of Suffolk to a Halloween ghost tour around Ipswich, it’s time to dust off your coats and don your walking boots – we’d love to see you there!

Ipswich Town Hall Tours
Enjoy a ‘behind the scenes’ tour including the Mayor’s parlour and Regalia. Discover the history of the Town Hall site from 1200, the rebuilding of the current Town Hall completed in 1868 and information about its usage over the last 150 years.
(Note – there are two tour dates available.)

Ipswich Ghost Walk
A ghostly gallery of strange phenomenon and manifestations haunt many buildings in Ipswich. Ipswich is an ancient town, and is fortunate in retaining some evidence of it’s colourful history. The tour hosted by Ed Nicholls is to be enjoyed, without the restraints of scientific proof impeding ones beliefs. Around 95% of hauntings can be explained, but the remaining 5% remain a mystery.

Wilkin & Sons Ltd Factory Tour
Join us for a guided tour of the Tiptree factory where the Wilkin family have produced conserves since 1885. Nowadays, their factory produces much more than just jam, such as honey, Christmas puddings, sauces, gin and marmalade.

Chocolate Factory Tour – Pump Street Bakery
Visit Pump Street’s Chocolate Factory where they make their our own single origin chocolate from bean to bar right here in Suffolk. See the machinery they use and learn all about their unique chocolate making process. Take home a bar of chocolate to savour too! (Note – there are two tour dates available.)

New Wolsey Theatre Panto - Cinderella (Dress Rehearsal)
Written by Peter Rowe, the classic rock’n’roll panto, with a hint of soul, is back with another multi-talented cast of actor-musicians. Rock, pop and soul classics include It's Raining Men, In the Midnight Hour, Try a Little Tenderness and more!

If you are a member of the Society and are interested in joining us on any of these events, please click here to visit the members lounge and register.  

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.