Shared ownership allows buyers to get on to the property ladder by part owning, part renting a property. It can be a more affordable means of buying a home and therefore it often appeals to first time buyers but others can benefit too.
Over the years, a lot of research has been undertaken into this method of owning a property and we’ve pulled together some interesting information in one place in our infographic below.
So if you’re looking to find out how many people have purchased a property via a shared ownership scheme; what percentage of the property they chose to buy and rent; and where in the country shared ownership is most popular, you’re in the right place.
However, please see our shared ownership mortgage page if you’re looking for products and rates, and if you need more detailed information about this type of property purchase and whether it might be right for you, read more here.
1. www.gov.uk, November 2015
2. DCLG, November 2017
3. www.cml.org.uk, October 2016
4. www.cml.org.uk, October 2016
5. www.myhomemove.com, February 2017
6. www.cml.org.uk, February 2017
7. www.myhomemove.com, February 2017
8. www.cml.org.uk, February 2017
9. www.aster.co.uk, September 2017