85% LTV or 15% deposit mortgages
Mortgages for people with a healthy deposit
In today’s property market, a 15% deposit is a reasonable chunk to put down on a mortgage. Typically, 85% LTV mortgages (those that require a 15% deposit) are most appealing to people looking to remortgage, or to buy a larger home. On some occasions, however, first time buyers who have saved particularly conscientiously will also find these mortgages suitable.
If you’re interested in finding out which mortgages a 15% deposit will give you access to, get in touch with Ipswich Building Society today. Our experienced mortgage consultants are able to recommend the best possible finance option for your future because they take the time to get to know you and your circumstances properly.
Things to keep in mind with an 85% LTV mortgage
A 15% deposit mortgage is a great way to get both feet firmly on the housing ladder, and while managing to save such a sum isn’t easy, repayments for 85% LTV mortgages tend to be lower and therefore financially beneficial in the long-term.
In terms of remortgages, if you’re moving to a new home you’ll need 15% of the purchase price in the form of a deposit, home equity, or a combination of the two to secure an 85% LTV mortgage. If you’re staying put, you could use any positive equity to perhaps fund home improvements. You can find out how much equity you have in your current property through you mortgage provider’s most recent statement, and the value by asking an estate agent for a valuation.
If you have your eye on a property and a healthy 15% deposit ready to go, give our team of experts a call and we’ll help you find the best mortgage situation to suit your circumstances.
Why should you choose Ipswich Building Society as your mortgage lender?
- With 170 years of experience in the mortgage industry, we know our stuff. We’ve dealt with almost every possible situation.
- Our team of skilled, experienced mortgage consultants take the personal approach. We work to find the best mortgage solution for your situation, and take time to get to know what suits you.
- We don't use computers to make our lending decisions - all applications are reviewed by our expert mortgage consultants.
- Unlike a number of other mortgage lenders, we have no shareholders. Ipswich Building Society is an independent mutual lender which means that every decision we make is done so with you and our members in mind.
- To find out more about the range of 10% deposit mortgages that we offer, give the Ipswich Building Society a call today on 0330 123 0773.