We can all do with a helping hand when buying a new home.
At Ipswich Building Society you can be assured of an excellent service, which provides you with all the information you need from our fully trained staff and an attractive range of mortgage loans, to match the needs of the first time buyer or homemover.
Local Knowledge and Reputation
Established in 1849, the Society has helped thousands of people to buy their own homes. As a smaller Society the Ipswich is able to offer a friendly flexible and reliable mortgage service. With our heritage in Suffolk we have a unique knowledge of the East Anglian Region and can therefore make well informed decisions which may assist when assessing applications of an unusual nature.
Talk to Us Soon
We recommend that you contact the Ipswich as soon as you are thinking of buying a new home (even before you go house hunting). We can then ascertain how much you might borrow in your affordable budget.
First Class Service
Our mortgage specialists will be able to tell you whether we can offer you a mortgage. Subject to satisfactory references and property valuation we would then issue you and your solicitor with a formal offer of advance. The time this takes depends on the complexity of your application and how quickly people respond to our request for references. Our mortgage specialists can also issue you with a Mortgage Certificate after your mortgage interview. This will assist you when you go house hunting.
Our Advice to You
When you first visit the Society you will be introduced to a Mortgage Consultant who is fully trained to give you all the advice you need. It will be made clear from the outset that we only offer our own mortgages and that there are no fees for our advice.
Advice and a Recommendation
We will help you select a mortgage to fit your needs by asking for relevant information about your circumstances and objectives. Our advice will depend on your particular requirements and on the market conditions at the time. You will receive a recommendation from us together with detailed quotes for any product(s) to match your needs. If you are happy to accept our proposal we will then complete a formal application and provide you with full written confirmation of the product and its suitability for you.
Informed Choice for You
In some circumstances you may not wish to seek advice from us. We will ask you questions about your requirements in order to provide details on specific products so that you can make an informed choice about which to take. Whichever route you take, we aim to build a clear picture of your financial situation and will provide you with appropriate quotations where required. Please refer to ‘The Mortgage Process’ for further details.
Ipswich Building Society is authorised by the Prudentional Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered on the Financial Services Register, number 104875. This means that we provide clear, fair and not misleading information and advice.
We promise to:
- act fairly and reasonably in all dealings with you
- give you information on services and products in plain language and offer help if there is any aspect which you do not understand
- help you choose a mortgage to fit your needs (unless you have already decided on your mortgage)
- help you understand the financial implications of your mortgage
- help you to understand how your mortgage account works
- ensure the procedures our staff follow reflect those set out by the FSA
- correct errors and complaints speedily
- consider cases of financial difficulty and mortgage arrears sympathetically and positively
- ensure that all services and products comply with relevant laws and regulations
- to provide you with knowledge and understanding to become an informed financial consumer.